We are a group of local parents working to open Marylebone Free School (MFS) a new
secondary free school in September 2014. We have the support of Westminster Council,
who will be managing admissions for us, & will be submitting our application to
the Department of Education in December 2012. And we have an experienced Education
Provider (GEMS Education) working with us, who we hope will manage the school for
us when our application is approved.
MFS will be a non-denominational, inclusive, small, local school where problem solving,
social & creative skills & intellectual curiosity are encouraged & developed. There
will be be traditional classroom teaching that covers the National Curriculum & the
new English Baccalaureate alongside project based learning that takes advantage of
the amazing mix of resources and organisations that we are so fortunate to have in
Our vision is for a school where:
- high aspirations & self worth lead to confident, well rounded & grounded children
who are able to make their own way in the world as graduates, entrepreneurs & workers.
- discipline & respect are inherent & not enforced.
- our Parent Bond encourages active and fully engaged parents
- we have small class sizes, passionate teachers & great pastoral care
- technology is used intelligently to support pupils & learning are characteristics
MFS will be based in a 15,000 sq ft central building with classrooms, common rooms
for students & administration offices. Like other schools our students will make
trips to sports facilities & libraries as well as other regular trips for their projects.
Students in Years 7, 8 & 9 will always be supervised & accompanied when they leave
the school premises.